Thursday, 21 November 2013

TRICK OR TREAT/ REMEMBER, REMEMBER

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year. Purely because ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be a mythical creature of some sort... preferably a mermaid (just like Ariel). Although I've never really understood why we actually celebrated Halloween until this year, something about the Celtic festival of Samhain but I'm not gonna bore you with a history lesson, I just really enjoy how something silly, like dressing up in scary costumes brings people together. Halloween films are also some of my favourites too!! Especially, Hocus Pocus and Halloween Town. If you haven't seen them I advise you to, I promise you won't regret it ha ha ha. As much as I love Halloween I've actually never EVER carved a pumpkin (that I can remember) until this year 2013. So... I persuaded my boyfriend, Tom into going to Tesco, buying pumpkins and having a carving contest. I won of course as I wasn't scared to get my hands dirty unlike Tom who winged cause he couldn't get all the gunk out of the middle... wimp! Each year I watch YouTube tutorials online to try and get an idea of which type of costume I want to dress as. 2012 I was a skeleton as I fell in love with Bastille's Flaws music video, but this year I wanted to go something more 'pretty' lets put it so I went as a zombie doll. 

Also for Bonfire Night, my daddy came down and visited for a little while on the 4th. So, on the 5th I took him to the firework display and for the UK I have to say it was pretty damn good. Some of the fireworks were so bloody pretty, all the colours and shapes. Heart.FM were also there and they had music playing and about halfway through the display I actually realised the fireworks were going in time with the music as 'must be love' came on and then all the love hearts showed up in the sky. It was such a wintery night as we stood with my dad and Tom with their pints of larger and my teeny tiny plastic cup of wine ha ha ha, we thought a little bit of alcohol would warm us up but it didn't really work that well. After the display had finished and the bonfire was lit we decided to just walk back to the apartment as none of us were too keen on going on any of the rides what were there, other than the dodgems which Tom was persuading me to go on but I stood my ground as I feel like they give me whiplash (LOL) but going back then I believe was worth it as my dad slipped and fell down on the stairs right in front of everyone. Everything happens for a reason ha ha ha. I haven't laughed so much until I realised he hurt his back... ooopsy! 

Oh, I know this is soooooooo late considering its nearly the end of November but for my first blog post I wanted it to be something interesting and fun, not just a 'hello welcome to my blog' kind of thing, ha ha

What did you dress up as for Halloween this year? 
What did you do for Bonfire Night?
<3





XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment