Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Fish n' Chips on a Sunday

On Sunday my family decided to have a trip out to Whitby for the day and it honestly was the nicest, most relaxing Sunday we've had in a while. Although some people will say Sunday's are for lazing around the house eating rubbish, literally doing nothing. I on the other hand prefer the outdoors. I like visiting and falling in love with new places all the time.  Living in England when you get a chance to be outside you gotta grab that opportunity and with the forecast supposedly rain for the full day but the sun was beaming I couldn't say no. The last time I visited Whitby I believe, I was in secondary school on an English trip were we went on a ghost walk up to The Abbey and down on the beach. I also believe I do not remember the place being as pretty as it actually is. I genuinely got a shock at how picturesque this little town is being so close to my hometown. 

Whitby is a small seaside town located near the Yorkshire Moors and for such a small town it's filled with big history - being the birthplace of Dracula and all.....  



The day consisted of strolling around the town, eating fish n' chips (obviously - you can't come here without having some it's the rule), drinking a few beers and basically just enjoying the surroundings and company of the family. We walked the 199 stairs up to the very pretty yet very gothic Whitby Abbey and looked over the whole of the town and onwards back to my hometown and once we began to head back to the cars it started to rain a little which I guess was perfect timing! Coming here has made me realise I'm still yet to discover what on my doorstep and where I'm from isn't as bad as I make it out to be I guess. I do plan to visit more quirky towns around my area and show Jordan what the real North East of England is really like.


Lucy X


No comments:

Post a Comment