Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Another year gone

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So it's 2015. Wow. It really puts the whole "time flies" saying into perspective doesn't it? Considering it only feels like a couple years ago I was in school writing 2008 at the top, left hand side of my page.

What did you all get up to for New Years? 
This year Aimee and I had a mini road trip to Tauranga and celebrated there instead of staying in Hamilton. We originally planned on heading to the Mt but when we finally arrived to our Motel we were staying in we figured it would simply be impossible to get there as getting a taxi or uber seemed silly to even consider. In the end we headed a short walk from the place we stayed and went to the bars and had a few drinks. We both realised New Year here in New Zealand isn't as big as back home in England as in each bar there were bands playing but they stopped playing for the countdown at around 15 seconds... I repeat 15 SECONDS. In England we have the tv on and the volume switched to the maximum and watch the Big Ben countdown for about 5 minutes. It's a tradition. Regardless of this we still had a fun night and it was spent around good vibes. 

Last year I written a blogpost, listing not so much New Year's resolutions but more of a list of things I wanted to change within myself and how I lived I guess. If you click (here) you will see my 2014 list. So now as I'm typing this today... a whole year later I've decided to actually see which of the things I can tick off and what I'd like to add to it. The main point I wanted to accomplish is 'Do More' and I can pretty much put both my hands in the air and say I've done a hell of a lot more. I'm pretty sure if you've been reading my (few) posts on this blog you can see I have too. I mean if moving to the opposite side of the entire globe by yourself and becoming the happiest you've ever been isn't doing more with your life then I have no idea whatsoever what is. Doing so, has made me also realise how beautiful the world is and I'm constantly wanting to get out and explore and find new things to snap pictures of to keep for memories... Another point I wanted to fulfill is to become more active which again that's another box with a big, fat tick across it. I'm so happy with how much more fitter, and determined I've become to actually want to be active and enjoy working out. I, again have written a blogpost about fitness and I am happy to help out people who are willing/ wanting to start but are unsure where or how. I'm not saying I'm a genius but whatever I'm doing is helping me so surely I could give a few tips out. This point also rolls into the 'Drink More Water' which I do. I very rarely drink any fizzy type of drinks now only if I am absolutely craving it, which yes I do still get these craves. If you say you don't... YOU SIT ON A THROWN OF LIES.

This year however my plan is to carry on my fitness and healthy eating which now I think will be easy as it's part of my lifestyle every since I stopped eating meat. Which I am still overwhelmed with how well I've achieved to stay vegetarian. As I went from somebody who ate chicken pretty much everyday to not touching any meat or meat flavour products (such as chicken potato chips, noodles, etc) for over 6 months.

  Chill the fuck out: this may sound a bit ruthless but nonetheless it needs to happen. I need to stop worrying about things what aren't actually that important. Stressing causes a lot of things and I want this year to be filled with as much positivity as possible.
  Go Vegan: I eventually do want to become full vegan so I'm planning on taking it slow and reducing my dairy intake bit by bit. I very rarely eat eggs and I do only drink almond milk but my real challenge is going to be with cheese products.
  Start Saving: I feel like now I've finally reached my 20s this is the right time to actually start saving and think about the future... Which lets face it, I probably won't have that sorted within this next year but hey if I can start saving and stop wasting money on pointless things that will be a start wont it? 
  BE HAPPY: I feel like this doesn't need an explaination :)

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and just remember a New Year is a chance for new beginnings... Choose the right path you want to go down to make this year your year.
XOXO
    

No comments:

Post a Comment